In this episode Michele Lorentz asks questions about how to start a podcast. Michele is at the beginning of a new journey – she’s starting her own podcast. I answer her questions, talk about how I got into podcasting, discuss resources and more. It’s very much a how-to episode. Michele’s goal is to help empower women, and we discuss how she can do this through the podcast medium.
- How my book led to creating a podcast
- How mind mapping helped me to determine my core focus areas
- Michele’s curiosity and passion for people
- Technical talk on microphones, recording equipment, and editing software
- Recording with multiple hosts and/or guests
- Various hosting services and why nothing is ever free
- How to balance the advice of others
- Do your research. Know what you want from your podcast, then figure out the logistics to make it happen.
- Create the podcast you’d want to hear.
- Niche down. The more specific you are, the easier it is for your audience to find you.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Smart Passive Income AMP’d Up Podcasting Course
- Pat Flynn How to Start a Podcast
- The Unstarving Musician’s Guide to Getting Paid Gigs
- John Lee Dumas Free Podcast Course
- Chris Drucker
- GarageBand or Audacity
- SureBeta 58A
- The Code of the Extraordinary Mind
- Partner4Leads Podcast
- NLP: The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming, by Tom Dotz
- Jason Resnick
- The Cast Blog
Leave A Comment