In this episode Michele Lorentz asks questions about how to start a podcast. Michele is at the beginning of a new journey – she’s starting her own podcast. I answer her questions, talk about how I got into podcasting, discuss resources and more. It’s very much a how-to episode. Michele’s goal is to help empower women, and we discuss how she can do this through the podcast medium.
- How my book led to creating a podcast
- How mind mapping helped me to determine my core focus areas
- Michele’s curiosity and passion for people
- Technical talk on microphones, recording equipment, and editing software
- Recording with multiple hosts and/or guests
- Various hosting services and why nothing is ever free
- How to balance the advice of others
- Do your research. Know what you want from your podcast, then figure out the logistics to make it happen.
- Create the podcast you’d want to hear.
- Niche down. The more specific you are, the easier it is for your audience to find you.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE