When you take care of your people and your employees, the rest follows.
Kristina Zhao caught my attention as a restauranteur of Sichuan House. Prior to the pandemic over 80% of their business came from dine-in services. Delivery and take out sounds like an easy option, but is it viable for a family-run business when third parties take such a large percentage?
We talk about how Sichaun House was able to make the pivot in large part due to Kristina’s unique background, education and her can-do attitude. They adapted technology to meet their specific needs, serve their customers and manage their margins all at the same time.
We start by talking about Robonzo’s foray into the restaurant sector and go on to discuss:
- (09:02) Her time working in the wireless industry
- (18:30) From dine-in to delivery
- (23:05) Adapting technology to make margins work
- (02:20) The turbulent first couple of weeks of COVID
- (39:50) Prioritizing the value of people
- (43:55) Getting creative with menu naming
Mentioned in this Episode
Support this Podcast
The Morning Tempo podcast exists solely through the generosity of its listeners, and we gladly accept support in a variety of ways. Please visit our Crowd Sponsor page to learn more.